CHICAGO (CBS) – Police issued an alarm Sunday about armed robberies in Englewood. The robbery took place in the months of December and January.
In each incident, the perpetrator would meet the victim on the street to show a vehicle for sale. The victim came to the scene and while looking at the vehicle, the perpetrator showed a gun and took the victim’s property. The perpetrator would then get into his vehicle and flee the scene.
READ MORE: Lightfoot says Chicago ‘Must Do Better’ finds missing black women and girls whose cases are disproportionately ignored
Event times and locations:
- 6400 block of South Morgan Street on December 26, 2021 at. 16.52
- 6400 block of South Morgan Street on December 22, 2021 at. 15.55
- 1000 block of West 64th Street on December 20, 2021 at. 13.47
- 6400 block of South Peoria Street on January 17, 2022 at. 10:15
READ MORE: Three people injured in accident with several vehicles in the beach park
The perpetrator is described as an African-American man, 17-23 years old, 5’05 “-5’07”, 120-180 pounds wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans armed with a black handgun.
The police remind people when they meet to buy or sell goods online to:
- Always pay attention to your surroundings
- Report suspicious activity immediately
- If you are confronted with an assailant, stay calm
- Remember all unique physical properties (scars, lameness, acne, teeth, etc …)
- Never pursue a fugitive assailant, give the information to the police
- If video surveillance equipment is present, please keep a copy of the detective investigation incident.
- If a witness to the incident approaches, request contact information
- Call 9-1-1 immediately and stay in place whenever possible
MORE NEWS: Chicago Blues, Soul legend Syl Johnson dies at age 85
Anyone with information can contact the Area One detectives at 312-747-8380.